Monday, November 7, 2011

New Quotes

So I was going to wait until tomorrow to post these but, well, I couldn't wait to share some of them.

We went to Gainesville this weekend and went to the Gator game.  
Autumn:  Man, all those cheerleaders were in a sorority.  The guys were even in a farority.

Autumn:  If I go to school here all I will need to know is where is my dorm, my classes and the nearest Chick Fil A.

So were eating dinner last night and discussing AJ's upcoming cruise.  Autumn looked over and saw my plate was empty at the same time Jeff posed this question to AJ.
Jeff:  So where are you going on your cruise?
Autumn:  Hungry?
Alex:  Really Autumn?  Hungary?

It's not really that surprising since her geography skills are nonexistent.  Speaking of geography, I got an email from a friend the other night.  Her daughter also has geography issues.  So I was responding that our daughters shared this affliction I called ageographiosis, meaning without geography skills.
Autumn:  Yes I know, we lack geometry skills.
Alex:  You mean geography?
Autumn:  Whatever.
Alex:  Yeah I am much better at geography.
Autumn:  Oh yeah well then tell me where Tijuana Flats is?
Alex:  Really?
Autumn:  How about Tai Kwondo?  Where's that?

Autumn was a little snarky today so Jeff asked this question:
Jeff:  If I beat her is it child abuse?
Autumn:  YES...
Jeff:  What if I don't leave a mark?
Autumn:  It will leave a mark here (points to her heart)
She's a clever one....
Jeff's response:  So the question is am I willing to take that chance?

This was our exchange when she was finishing her paper tonight on the Constitution.
Autumn:  What should I write for this last paragraph?
Me:  Well you could say how innovative the document was.
Autumn:  What does innovative mean?
Me:  Look it up.
Autumn:  I don't want to.  Just tell me.  All I know is that it is a computer term.
Me:  (Giggling)
Autumn:  Fine.  (Grabs the computer)  Innovation... the act or process of being innovating.... ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!
Me:  (Laughing)
Autumn:  Can I just say that the Constitution is WAY less exciting than the Declaration of Independence?  The Declaration is like "BAM... IN YOUR FACE... WE'RE FREE... TAKE THAT!!!"  The Constitution is like, "Here are some laws.  Follow them."  It's so anti .... anticlimacticate... anticlim.... it's so downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment